Sunday, November 16, 2008

Seattle Conference trip


This is the house where we stayed on the trip. Isn't it gorgeous!!?? Right on the lake.
Fall! :) And I really needed a Fall fix.
The Planning Center crew. Jeff and Jeff (who I work with) are on the left.

Yes, I got to meet Lincoln Brewster! Nice guy. I'm also promoting Planning Center to his church. His band stopped by our booth and said they really want to use it and they're going to try to convince him. :)
Raleigh and me at the first Starbucks!


So the company I work for flew Raleigh and I along with Jeff and Jeff and their spouses up to Seattle, WA for a worship conference. We set up a booth there to promote our product, and got to hang out a lot and have fun!! It was so great. Very refreshing to me to be in the beautiful Northwest for a while. I am so thankful that we got to go. God has blessed us so much through this job I have. We made lots of memories, and got at least a few sign-ups for Planning Center :) .
The trip included staying at a house right on the lake, going to downtown Seattle, getting lost several times, and of course, wouldn't be complete without Raleigh and I coming back with a funny story about how we got locked our of our bedroom in the house and stayed up for over an hour (while most everyone else was in bed) trying to pry open the hinges. Eventually, we just found the key. Haha. The best part about it was that we had just been in the hot tub, and when Raleigh accidentally closed the door, it was because he was on his way to the shower so he had no clothes!! He was trying to break into the outside door with only a towel on. I wish I had a good picture of that, but I think our camera was in the bedroom! :)

3 comments:

Kari said...

Glad you were able to experience the true fall. I know how much you love it. Seems like things are going well for you guys and that you're enjoying your job...and getting some perks with it too. When will you be coming this-a-way?

Katie Willard said...

We will be coming up for Thanksgiving for a few days, but for Christmas for a while- about 10 days. So...I'm thinking it will be way easier to see you over Christmas! Let's tentatively plan on it ok? I miss you too Kari!

Family of 5 said...

Looks like a really fun time! Glad you get to travel like that! Seattle is so beautiful! That would be hard not to have the different seasons when you are so used to them here in Oregon. We'd love to see you guys when you come up for ChristmaS! Please give us a call!