Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring is here!

I've been quite the boring blogger lately!! We haven't done much in the last month or so- except survive. :) Ministry can be like that sometimes I guess- and we are both working full time, plus tack on all the ministry stuff that happens, and our lives get so busy and exhausting that sometimes it's all we can do to hang in there. Well, spring is finally here in the desert, and it's gorgeous. If you ever want to visit the Palm Springs area, NOW is the time. This is the only time of the year that I can't complain that I live here. :) It's been in the 70's (some days even the low 80's) and it's just beautiful! Don't worry Northwesterners, we'll pay for it in the summer with our 115 degree days- weeks-months. But anyway, here are some pictures from this weekend. Kristina came over from BIOLA to hang out, which was wonderful. I always enjoy our times together. It was also cool because Oregon State was hosting a baseball tournament in Palm Springs, so we went there to watch the game and cheer them on! To our surprise, there were more OSU fans there than anyone else! It was an overall great weekend.




Raleigh and I at the baseball game.

The baseball field.
Kristina playing frisbee golf with us in the park.
This is where I work- and the bouganvilla is absolutely amazing this time of the year.
Here's another shot of it- it is just flowing! So pretty.

3 comments:

Kimberly Stone said...

It looks beautiful in Palm Springs! I wish we could come visit! Miss you and love you Kates. Hopefully we can talk soon, but know I am praying for you.

Ashley said...

I am jealous that spring has arrived for you... right now as I type this it is snowing in Salem in March. What the heck :) Maybe since we've had such a cold winter we'll be in for a nice summer?

Kari said...

Looks like fun! I wish it was sunny here. Miss you like crazy! :)