Monday, February 22, 2010

My Favorite Salad..and soon to be yours, too!

This is my FAVORITE salad! It is so good. I slowly have "perfected" it. It's simple yet delicious and I wanted to share it with anyone who wants to try it. :) Here are the ingredients and directions:

Red or green leaf lettuce
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Carrots
Orange and Yellow Peppers
Roasted Pine Nuts
Grilled Chicken

Roast the pine nuts in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Cut up all veggies and sprinkle with the pine nuts. Grill chicken with some seasoning (I use salt/pepper and lemon-pepper seasoning).

It's the best with some homemade ranch dressing but I also just do olive oil and vinegar dressing to cut back on calories of course. And if you are going to exclude anything, don't let it be the pine nuts! They are so good and bring out a very distinct and interesting flavor. :) Enjoy! Let me know if you try it and like it!

No comments: