Thursday, February 18, 2010

So many options, so little clue what to do.

Well I certainly can't complain about having a lazy, good-for-nothing husband! This guy is the best. He's such a hard worker and a people-person. The people he works with love him and it's evident in how many opportunities and options are getting thrown his way right now! Since Marriott is such a good company and encourages moving up and out (transferring), we are hoping to get back to the Northwest soon. But it could mean putting in some time somewhere else first. Here are his current options and then the ones he has applied for:

Front Desk Supervisor at Renaissance Esmerelda (the hotel he's currently working at)
Nickelodeon Supervisor at Renaissance Esmerelda while the current supervisor goes on maternity leave
Front Desk Manager at a property in Albuquerque, NM
Front Desk Supervisor at a property in Redmond, WA (didn't get that but did get offered a different position there...which he didn't take it)
Front Desk Supervisor at a brand new property in San Antonio, TX (pretty sure he didn't get that one)
Pursuing "other" options in the entertainment/Nickelodeon industry

So as you can see...we have so many things to think about..so many options of where we could be living. It's definitely a "good" problem to have. But it becomes overwhelming at times. Yesterday in particular I was feeling overwhelmed. My biggest desire is to get close to our families. I miss them SO much and feel like I'm really missing out on part of life by not being near them. But then I read this verse and it hit me:

Isaiah 41:10
Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

"Do not anxiously look about you". That is exactly what I was doing. And why shouldn't I? "For I am your God". Such power there! He is my God. Therefore I have no reason to anxiously look around at my life. He will strengthen me and help me. That may mean I'm living somewhere I don't want to live, but as long as He is helping me and strengthening me, I can make it. We'll see where God takes us next!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hang in there Katie. It does seem at times like life is way too stressful, but I've also found, in these times, I am closest to the Lord.

Kari said...

So much to think about...but isn't it comforting to know that God is in control?! I miss you lots and would love to have you back here. But that probably doesn't help at all, does it? :)

Miss you, friend!