Thursday, September 15, 2011

Just Do It!


This week I have a lot to be thankful for. Like....A LOT!!!! Because Raleigh landed himself a brand new job working for NIKE!!!

I am SO pumped and he is really, really excited as well. It is a tough company to get into and is well known for treating their employees well. The best part (to me) is that he will have a normal schedule. Woohoo!!! No more going to bed without him 4 nights of the week, no more weekends all by myself, no more hearing him wake up at 4:30am for work, no more graveyard shifts! We are both really thankful for this new opportunity. God provided it in His perfect timing. When Raleigh first started looking for new jobs I never thought he would get a job at Nike so this is just a really big blessing (a word I don't like to overuse, but in this case, that is exactly what this is).

What will he do, you ask? He's the assistant to the guy in charge of all the outlet stores on the west coast (that's my paraphrase:) ). Pretty sweet! His office is actually not at the Nike World Headquarters (bummer...that place is absolutely amazing) but who can complain? He'll still get to go there often I believe, and his office is just close to downtown Portland. We are super excited- he starts September 26th! Thank you Lord!!!


2 comments:

Kari said...

SO happy for you guys, Katie. That's awesome. Looking forward to getting together soon so we can get all caught up on life. What a wonderful blessing...and I don't think that word can be overused. :)

Family of 5 said...

Congrats to you guys!! And probably get some awesome discount on Nike shoes...at least I hope so! :)