Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm Back! And with mommy questions!

My Little Guy:)


I decided that I may as well continue blogging, and in my posts, if I don't have anything else to say, I will ask mommy questions. Since a lot of you out there who read my blog are moms, I think this would be an awesome way to get some support and feedback (which I am definitely in need of)! So, here are my first questions for anyone who is willing to answer:

-What do you do with a 5-month-old? It's an odd stage. He can't really move around enough to entertain himself, but he's old enough to really desire to be stimulated a lot of the day. Any ideas for this age?

-When did YOU start rice cereal with your baby? I'm thinking about starting Wesley on rice cereal this weekend. He'll be 22 weeks old. I feel like it's time but just wondered what others of you are doing or did.

Well that's it for now. :) Thanks in advance to anyone who wants to give me a little feedback.

1 comment:

Country Chronicle said...

Hmmm. Stimulation...a hard one to answer. Babies know nothing. We are the ones who think we need stimulation, so really anything you are doing let him sit by you and watch i.e. washing dishes, ironing, cooking, laundry, making the bed, or whatever your hobbies are. A play gym with little things hanging down are fun for them to try to grasp and they entertain themselves. Please don't use the TV !? That is too much for their little brains to take in and EVERYTHING is new to them, even if you did it the day before! Watching you, they learn too...amazing what you'll find out they can do several months from now.

#2 My mom started my brother with cereal at 10 days. So I figured even though the Dr.'s are saying to wait 'til 6mos...really follow your Mommy instincts. If he seems ready and watches you eat or grabs for the food you are eating start him with cereal. More than likely at this stage he's not going to be an obese child...as I think why they are encouraging B.F. and no solids until 6 mos. I think Sammy was 4.5 or 5 mos....he was begging to eat. It's not going to hurt them and rice cereal is so mild. Just be ready for a different smelling diaper! :-)