Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thankful for...??

No picture today people, sorry. The last 3 days have been tough ones to think of things to be thankful for. But, every day I have still found things to dwell on.

The days have been rough because once again my 7-month-old is teething. And he is super cranky. And doesn't sleep as well. And just seems unhappy, which makes me sad. :( Oh and he has a VERY loud voice.

BUT....today, I am thankful for HIM. Yes, I am thankful for Wesley. Even though he drives me crazy sometimes, I am so glad I have him. When Raleigh left for work today, I cried (call me a wimp but I did). I didn't think I could take a 3rd day in a row of this (oh, and did i mention that my amazing family even came yesterday and stayed 6 hours longer than they were going to because I begged them not to go? they were awesome- another thing I'm thankful for!). But as he left for work, on a Sunday morning, I thought, ya know, this day would be more sad if I were by myself! Call me crazy but it's true! I would be lonely, not sure what to do with myself for the next 10 hours, and probably kinda down/depressed. But at least I am being a mom and taking care of our sweet boy that the Lord has entrusted us with.

Thank you, Lord, for that. Thank you that I have Wesley, even though at times he does give me a run for my money. Thank you. So much.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Katie, I have so been there. I've cried numerous times because my babies weren't sleeping. Life seems so much harsher with lack of sleep. Hang in there. I've told it to myself again and again, this too shall pass.